Rome to World War II Tour- The Italian campaign
One full day to visit one of the bloodiest battlefields in the whole WWII.
After the landing in Sicily, the biggest amphibious operation in history in 1943, involving 3,300 ships, more than the initial landings in Normandy.
Visit the Museum of the Landing in Anzio. A private-run small museum, packed with uniforms, weapons, helmets, maps, Italian and American newspapers of the time, photos of veterans who came back to this place
It is time to relax and we eat in one of the many small and nice restaurant along the beach, before driving to the close village of Nettuno.
Here, we visit the largest war cemetery in Central Italy. Some 7,800 Americans rest here, after having
Been killed in action in the battle fields of Salerno, Cassino, Anzio, and Rome.
It is an oasis of peace and sadness, hearing the sound of “Taps” on closing time.
|Pax/adults||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
- English Speaking Driver
- Mercedes Vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 6 hours long
- Official Guide 6 hours
- Food and drinks
- Extra hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximately, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate