Rome to Amalfi Coast & Pompeii: Private Day Trip
Overview: Embark on a memorable day trip from Rome to the stunning Amalfi Coast and the historical ruins of Pompeii. Benefit from the services of a professional English-speaking driver for the journey and a licensed guide to explore the Pompeii ruins. Kindly note, the drive from Rome to the Amalfi Coast is approximately 3.5 hours each way.
Duration: about 11 hours
Pickup place: Your driver will await you at 7 am at your hotel in the Rome City Center, Rome, RM, Italy
Embark on a scenic journey along the Amalfi Coast and delve into history at the Pompeii ruins. Note the 3.5-hour drive each way and adhere to the driver’s suggested timings. While your driver will provide information during the drive, due to Italian regulations, they can only comment on attractions from within the vehicle.
Your day commences at 7 am with a pickup from your hotel. Heading south towards Campania, after approximately 3 hours, the breathtaking panorama of the Amalfi Coast unfolds. Enjoy a walk in the town, followed by a suggested lunch or opt for a quick snack. In Positano, marvel at the striking houses perched on the hillside and its pristine beaches.
Feel free to request photo stops at any scenic points. Roughly an hour from Positano (or 45 minutes from Sorrento), you’ll arrive at the Pompeii ruins. Here, join your pre-booked guide for a 2-hour tour, witnessing the magnitude of the catastrophe that befell one of Rome’s thriving centers.
Note: The sequence of sites may vary based on conditions.
|Pax/adults||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7|
|Tour Option||Positano and Pompeii, Sorrento and Pompeii, Positano & Sorrento|
- Pickup from your accommodation in Rome.
- Optional stops in Positano, Sorrento, or Pompeii (if selected).
- Lunch at a recommended local restaurant.
- Guided 2-hour tour at the Pompeii ruins.
- Return to Rome
- Pickup and drop-off from accommodations within Rome.
- Private vehicle (Mercedes Sedan/Minivan).
- Professional English-speaking driver.
- 2-hour guided Pompeii tour with a professional guide.
- Stops at destinations not listed.
- Gratuities (appreciated).
- Food and beverages.
- Additional hours.
- Pompeii entry tickets (available for purchase on-site 19€ each).
- Immense yourself in the impressive remains of Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Sorrento, the vibrant seaside village famous for its local limoncello, lively atmosphere, and stunning views of the Gulf of Naples
- Appreciate free time to shop, enjoy a tasty lunch, and stroll along charming pedestrian lanes of Sorrento
- Drive along the windy Amalfi Coast, and enjoy the superb views that surround you
- Visit Positano, the jewel of Amalfi Coast that clings to the side of a nearly vertical cliff
- Convenient Hotel Pick up and Drop Off in Rome
- Comfortable journey in your private deluxe vehicle with your personal English-speaking Driver
- Please read ALL the information on the tour page before booking to ensure this tour meets your expectations. If you have any unanswered questions please let us know.
Please note that unexpected traffic delays and road closures in Positano and Naples area may happen.
In rare cases when it is not possible to reach Positano, your tour will be extended to Pompeii and/or Sorrento, depending on when this information is made available to us.
YOUR PRIVATE TOUR DRIVER
This Pompeii & Amalfi Coast tour from Rome provides an English speaking driver who is not a Licensed Tour Guide
Due to the stringent laws and regulations to protect official licensed guides that make it illegal for Tour Drivers to act as tour guides or accompany guests inside in the towns and piazzas your driver must to remain with the vehicle while you ara on SELF TOUR.
** The windy and traffic-prone roads in Naples, Sorrento, and Positano require the Driver’s full attention, therefore your driver may not always be able to engage in commentary inside the vehicle while driving when it is considered an unsafe distraction to do so. Your safety inside the vehicle is our utmost priority.